IWCD’s commitment to quality includes ensuring a safe workplace where the risk of injury is controlled and a quality work experience is provided. We are committed to a Safety Culture that allows our employees to be proud of their work, skilled at completing their work safely and confident that they will return home without injury at the end of each day.
It is our belief that all incidents can be prevented and every effort will be made to identify construction hazards and control or reduce the risk of those hazards by:
- Ensuring that all employees are aware of their Safety responsibilities and promoting a strong Safety Program,
- Providing a work environment where there is an expectation that work will be conducted safely,
- Informing workers of known hazards, the means to control these hazards and the training to complete their work safely,
- Identifying and correcting hazards as they occur, conducting inspections and disciplining unsafe conduct,
- Assessing performance of the Safety Program through documentation, reporting and management review.
Our Company Goal is to eliminate or minimize the hazards which cause accidents and injuries.
IWCD has achieved COR certified status through the BC Construction Safety Alliance (BCCSA), as well as receiving our Contractor Check Accreditation. To maintain these certifications, IWCD focuses on employee training, safe work procedures, site specific safety programs and a stringent safety inspection process. A new and young worker training program designed in-house has proven very successful.
Proper PPE is mandatory on all IWCD sites.