IWCD’s main headquarters in Nanaimo is a state-of-the-art LEED Gold certified building, designed to be a showcase of green features and products that clients can select from. Construction materials were chosen for being highly-recycled, rapidly renewable, and locally harvested or manufactured. Each element of the building and property has something ‘special’ about it; a few of the features include:
- Geothermal heat system with in-floor heating & cooling
- 2-storey, curved, interior wall made from recovered brick
- Patio roof area with green roofing systems monitored by VIU
- Bioswale system with on-site stormwater management
- Over 100 exposed glulam beams manufactured from pine beetle infested lumber
- Automatic lighting control system
- Native, drought-resistant plant materials requiring no irrigation
A group from Vancouver Island University (VIU) monitored the performance of our green roof with respect to topics such as carbon sequestration and storm/rainwater management over a 3 year period. Click here to view the VIU Green Roof Study.
Find out how our innovative building solutions can help you maximize the value of your development.